chicken mum

Site Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:6 Polands, 2 Bovans Goldline, 2 Pekins
  • How did you find us?:internet
  • LocationMersea Island
I have some Tylan for my chickens, it says 5g for every ltr, but I do not have scales that go down this far. Anyone know how much to give by doing it another way , like 1/2 teaspoon or something as I have no idea.

cuckoomad

cuckoomad

Site Legend

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:Pekins
  • How did you find us?:Through another forum
  • LocationNear Rugby
Its .5 of a gram of Tylan per litre and that equates to one level one ml measure scoop.

Just remember that dosage is intended for lots of hens in large sheds where it is quite warm and they drink a fair amount.

If your birds are outside free ranging eating grass etc then they will not be drinking as much and so the dose may need to be increased slightly, during cooler months I tend to use a slightly rounded measure scoop.

chicken mum

chicken mum

Site Legend

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:6 Polands, 2 Bovans Goldline, 2 Pekins
  • How did you find us?:internet
  • LocationMersea Island

View Postcuckoomad, on 10 September 2010 - 06:43 PM, said:

Its .5 of a gram of Tylan per litre and that equates to one level one ml measure scoop.

Just remember that dosage is intended for lots of hens in large sheds where it is quite warm and they drink a fair amount.

If your birds are outside free ranging eating grass etc then they will not be drinking as much and so the dose may need to be increased slightly, during cooler months I tend to use a slightly rounded measure scoop.
Thanks Cockoomad. Will find a medicine spoon and give 1/2 of one of those as I think they are 2ml.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users