Sabelpoot - who has one?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Guest_gingernut_*

Guest_gingernut_*
  • Guests
When i went to buy my 4 pekin bantams last week, the seller also had one little porcelain sabelpoot or dutch booted bantam and i just could not resist her.  She has become my un official favourite, she is full of character, really cheeky and is the first to come running when i go in with food. She is also the tamest and will sit on my arm.
I was wondering if anyone else has a sabelpoot and what they think of them.

Edited by gingernut, 08 June 2010 - 07:21 AM.

Henny

Henny

Site Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:2 Polish, 1 Gold Brahma, 1 milecent red hen, 1 light sussex and 1 sussex reverse
  • How did you find us?:Google
  • LocationEssex
Where did you get them from??

Im curious because I live in essex ands all ways handy to know were I can go for bantams

Fluffychooks

Fluffychooks

Site Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,506 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:2 Silkies, 1 Poland.
  • How did you find us?:Dean's article in the Echo
  • LocationBasildon, Essex

View PostHenny, on 08 June 2010 - 11:12 AM, said:

Im curious because I live in essex ands all ways handy to know were I can go for bantams

When I go to visit my mum at Howe Green, just as you come off the roundabout onto the old A130 there's a big sign that says something like Parakeets and Bantams.  Always thought I'd pop in to see what's there but never have the time.  I might try to look and report back if there's anything there.
Nina

http://www.urban-chickens.com - where great chicken keepers are found!!

Guest_gingernut_*

Guest_gingernut_*
  • Guests

View PostHenny, on 08 June 2010 - 11:12 AM, said:

This was just an advert on Preloved, the couple were selling all their chickens and run to get a caravan.

Ronnie's Quails

Ronnie's Quails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:Sebrights<br />Pekins<br />Frizzles<br />Quail<br />Sablepoots<br />Dutch Bantams
  • How did you find us?:Internet
  • LocationLondon
Hi i breed to sablepoots, the colours i keep are ... Lemon Millefleur (speckly gold) and the silvers and the citrus colours, they are such sweet little birds, really easy to keep just like pekins but smaller and lay quite an oval shaped egg with a bit of a pointy end, ive just put in some baby sablepoot growers so watch out, regards ronnie
Ronnie's Quails Are Devoted To The Breeding And Keeping Of Quails, Chickens And Waterfowl...Use Our Website To Contact Anytime With Queries And Sales And Advice

Guest_gingernut_*

Guest_gingernut_*
  • Guests

View PostRonnie, on 08 June 2010 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hi i breed to sablepoots, the colours i keep are ... Lemon Millefleur (speckly gold) and the silvers and the citrus colours, they are such sweet little birds, really easy to keep just like pekins but smaller and lay quite an oval shaped egg with a bit of a pointy end, ive just put in some baby sablepoot growers so watch out, regards ronnie

Hi
I am glad to hear someone else has some. I absolutely adore my Bella.  If i get any more chooks in the future i would get more of them.  Being the only sabelpoot among pekins she is getting a bit bullied so she has taken to spending her time on the roof of the house poor love but she loves sitting on my arm and getting treats.
I'll contact you if i ever expand my flock

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:R.I.R, Black rock, Marans,Silkies, White Sussex, O.G.E
  • How did you find us?:surfin
  • LocationMiddleton, Manchester
I bought a trio of Lemon Millefleur's at an auction a few weeks ago, they are loverly friendly  little birds, just gorg :smile:

i seem to be buying a lot of chickens at the moment, i bought a trio of Vorwerks at the same sale :smile:

jules

jules

Site Legend

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:Pekins, Cochins,Welsummers, hybrids,Orpington and Ancona
  • How did you find us?:adice from another site
  • Locationnorthampton england
im going to look at some lemon ones on friday they look a fantastic bird

Fluffychooks

Fluffychooks

Site Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,506 posts
I had a cuddle with Gingernut's Sablepoot today and also her Pekins - they are all lovely, especially the buff Pekin which was so fluffy!!
Nina

karen

karen

Super Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:warren and trying hatching
  • How did you find us?:yahoo
  • Locationengland hull
has anyone got a picture of these birds i yahoo d them to see what they look like and no pictures, im curious as everyone says there lovely :think:

jules

jules

Site Legend

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:Pekins, Cochins,Welsummers, hybrids,Orpington and Ancona
  • How did you find us?:adice from another site
  • Locationnorthampton england
ive just got 2 lemon ones

suezychick

suezychick

Junior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSomerset
:smile:
Hello,

I had a trio of sablepoots. they are absolutely smashing birds. their temprement is just delightful and they are soooo pretty.
I now only have the cockeral left and he looks after a mixed hareem of different girls and sizes.

I also have some sablepoot x pekins chicks who have come out of their eggs wanting to be friends with us.

They really are charming birds.

Sueze

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:R.I.R, Black rock, Marans,Silkies, White Sussex, O.G.E
Posted Image

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Posted Image

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
The above pic's are ones that i have found on the internet, i'l go and look for a cockerl now  :smile:

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Posted Image

Fluffychooks

Fluffychooks

Site Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,506 posts
He's very impressive.
Nina

suezychick

suezychick

Junior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSomerset
Lovely cockeral,

How old is he?

I found that my cockerals colouring has improved with age, he is much better coloured and patterned on his 3rd year, but his tail is a little bit shabby due to free ranging.

Sueze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users