• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:R.I.R, Black rock, Marans,Silkies, White Sussex, O.G.E
  • How did you find us?:surfin
  • LocationMiddleton, Manchester
Laura Leghorn (one of my chooks) as looked a bit off colour for a few weeks, she was just a bit lithargic, sitting on her perch, not interested in much ect. so i put her on her own, and she has had tylan, now her poo is green, i realy mean green likepea green, has anyone got any clues i an a little mistifide by this :worried:

littleducky

littleducky

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationessex
one of my chicken had really green poo , but she was not unwel ,, it was the curlykake she ate,, not sure whats up ,, try flushing her out with cider vinger in her waler?, gets ride of the belly ake,, good luck  :mrgreen:

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:R.I.R, Black rock, Marans,Silkies, White Sussex, O.G.E
Oh, never thought about the veg that they eat  :think:  :smile:

Cattbird

Cattbird

Junior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChelmsford, Essex
Is it bright green?

I have just had this with mine. It could be that she isn't eating and the green is stomach bile because she isn't eating enough to digest it. If this may be the case try feeding her some yoghurt.

It can also be a sign of a bacterial infection.

Henny

Henny

Site Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:2 Polish, 1 Gold Brahma, 1 milecent red hen, 1 light sussex and 1 sussex reverse
  • How did you find us?:Google
  • LocationEssex
I found out that chickens really are lactose intolorent and should not be fed any diary products of any sort the forums you find on google can be very misleading the yogurt would probably make her worse in that condition its why i asked for my how to treat sour crop thread to be removed as i plan to do an update.

the water and viniger idea is probably better to start with its possile that if she's been free ranginging its too much grass too but it could also be medacine your giving her, make sure she has grit to help her digest and if the problem persists another day seek a vets attention otherwise you could loose her.

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Yes its realy bright green, she is drinking, but shes hardly eating any thing :think:

elbowschickens

elbowschickens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLaindon, Essex
Could she need worming? Not with a herbal type but a 'medicated' one like flubenvet 10%. Or could she have eaten any plants or weeds that could be toxic?

Cattbird

Cattbird

Junior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChelmsford, Essex

Treberfedd, on 16 April 2010 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yes its realy bright green, she is drinking, but shes hardly eating any thing :think:

Hiya, any improvements?

The bright green poop definitely sounds like bile if she isn't eating anything. But there must be a reason for it...

Is her abdomen swollen? Has she laid recently? Could she be egg bound or impacted?

The green poop could also be liver failure.

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hi, there's still no improvement, she was wormed with flubenivet 3 weeks ago, drinking plenty, but not much food at all, i give her alsorts of her fav food to temp, but it not working :worried:

Dean

Dean

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 7,191 posts
  • What breeds do you keep?:Rhode Island Red, Polish
  • How did you find us?:I own & created the site!
  • LocationEssex
Is it only her poo that is green? how are her eyes and nose?

Are you still giving her treats and have you given them ACV?

If you enjoy Urban Chickens you can donate any time HERE

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Dean, on 19 April 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

Is it only her poo that is green? how are her eyes and nose?

Are you still giving her treats and have you given them ACV?

Hi there, yes her poo is still green, there is nothing comimg from her eyes or nose, but i did notice this afternoon, that she keeps dipping her beak in the water, she as eaten quite a bit today, i am not sure what ACV is sorry im a bit dence, thanks in advance

kennethw

kennethw

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Locationhants/Dorset border
assume ACV = Aple cider vinegar, please use unfiltered from heath food or horse suppliers not the cheap stuff on the supermarket shelf which is just a cooking ingredient. Reckoned to help boost immune system along with garlic and aloe vera. But not a cure in itself

Treberfedd

Treberfedd

Grand Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
oh thank you, i have got some, but i must say i got it from the supermarket, i did not realise there was a differance :worried:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users